Thanks to Lauren Conrad and her beauty team, hair chalking is making a huge impact in the beauty world. The 1,000’s of tutorials on YouTube and other sites have proven that hair chalking is possible for anyone seeking those fun ,candy-colored strands. The options are endless with this hair look, basically anything goes! You can do one solid color on your ends, or if you are really daring, go for fun and trendy ombre tresses.This is perfect for anyone who wants to try something fun without comitting to any crazy hair colors.Also, don’t think that just blondes can try this look, brunette beauties can certainly give it a go as well, just make sure to follow the instructions for darker hair!
1. Oil free soft pastels (from michael’s or any other art supply store)
2. Spray bottle filled with water
3. Blow dryer
4.Heat (Curling Iron, Waver, Flat Iron)
5. Hair Spray
6. Comb and or Brush (Use one that you do not care about)
1. Spray hair until damp, especially if you want the color to last a little bit longer in your hair.
2. Section hair and then take one color pastel and run along ends of hair in one direction make sure color has completely saturated ends.
3. Run comb through ends of hair making sure color is completely deposited and that there are no tangles.
4. Wait to dry, or to speed up initial drying process, use a blowdryer on high heat
5. Take a heating tool (I used a waver here, because Helayne has straight hair) and run strands through the hair, holding in place for 5-10 seconds on each part that is colored.
6.After hair is completely done with the heating tool, take a strong hold hair spray and mist ends.
Then you are done!
Without further a do,here’s my take on this super fun hair trend!
btw the model for this hair look is my beautfiful cousin Helayne!!
Hope you all enjoy,